Doctorate in Educational Leadership
Resourceful Doctor of Educational Leadership with expertise in operating Employment and education programs, building an environment of diversity that includes creating a diverse talent pipeline, RE-CALIBRATING human resource functions to include policies and practices that correlate with diversity, and drive inclusive partnership throughout the organization. A highly productive executive with over 15-years of creating growth strategies and supporting outcomes, building customized workshops and training, minority inclusion initiatives, developing a Economic Empowerment programs, relationship cultivation, and leadership development. High-energy, a results-oriented leader with a talent for building and motivating a cohesive team, increase efficiency and create an inclusive environment, and decreasing the achievement gap. Founder of the 24-Workforce High School and Prison to Prosperity education and Employment program.
Core Competencies that Drive Results
- Extensive Strategic Planning and Execution
- Executive Level Management
- Project Management
- Drive Diversity and Inclusion Strategies
- Operational Excellence
- Continuous Improvement
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Build Diversity Pipeline
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Diverse Talent Recruitment
- Growth Optimization
- Excellent Communication and Facilitation Skills
- Engaging and Empowerment People
- Program Evaluation and Assessment
- Innovative Strategic Planning
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Talent Development
- Schools Operations
- Board Engagement
- Curriculum Writing
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Relationship Management and Employee Relations
- Leadership Development
- Take Responsibility Voluntarily
- Navigating Through Conflicting Forces
Value-Add and Skills Snapshot
- Experience as an executive with responsibility and accountability for financial results, operations, strategic execution, program, and experience with managing multiple functions and layers of management. Value-Add: Recovered a $3 MILLION deficit.
- Ability to foster an organization’s culture based on the mission, vision, and values to increase the supplier diversity program, optimized procurement within the diversity strategies, and increase involvement. Value-Add: Increased diversity supply chain by 37% and developed legislation for liquidated damages.
- Ensure the effectiveness and execution of diversity strategies across the organization that includes practical tools, follow up, presentations, data analysis, assessments, and program evaluation. Value-Add: RE-CALIBRATED 54 policies using an equity lens.
- Established consistent metrics and reporting to enable leaders to assess performance, use data metrics and indicators to inform DECISION MAKERS on how to achieve objectives, and evaluate the (ROI) of the efforts and innovative strategies: Value-Add: Received a new Post- Master’s certification in Program Evaluation from Washington University, a top ten University.
Drive Strategy and Vision
- A TRANSFORMATION leader who leads by modeling inclusive behaviors.
- Increased organizations budget from 18-million to 25-million and recovered a 3-million-dollar shortfall.
- Extensive Board of Director engagement and strategic planning.
- Created a risk management process to oversee 30 different funding streams and contracts that included federal, local, and state compliance.
- Integrate Diversity and Inclusion analytics across all company functions.
- Executed the complex procurement process for State, Local, and Federal contracts to include minority inclusion clause.
- Lead the organization’s talent development program, diversity and inclusion efforts, create data share points, and key indicators to create an innovative strategy.
- Identified strategic partnerships and built diverse collaborative relationships with key stakeholders essential for the success, including scholars, Board of Directors, donors, volunteers, and schools over 33% each year.
- Enthusiastically engaged board members, and together carried out the leadership, governance, planning, and diversity initiatives.
- Increase client participation by over 150% and staff efficiency for all business lines and company objectives.
- Completely overhauled and implemented new technology infrastructure across ten agencies and 150 staff members.
- Create an open and inclusive culture to develop leaders and attract diverse talent.
- Work with an external researcher to understand trends, cultivate organizational learning, cultural diversity, and build a cohesive vision.
- Responsible for organizational training and development.
- Responsible for Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan and Professional Development to include over 300 staff members and 3500 students.
- Increased division budget from $300,000 to 8.5 Million dollars and implemented growth strategies across agency programs.
- Directed the planning, development, and execution of talent development initiatives to increase participation and build capacity.
- Extensive program creation, program execution, strategic planning, supervision, and leadership development.
- Created safes spaces to have courageous conversations across the organization.
- Responsible for developing an HR mentorship program, talent recruitment, and resources necessary to support the agency's mission and cultural diversity initiatives throughout the organization.
- Integrated solutions across the company to address diversity and inclusion challenges.
- Implemented a D&I strategy to enhance complex partnership management, program creation, and program execution.
- Facilitated the design, implementation, and delivery of the talent management strategy and the attainment of related goals to further the strategic plan and ensure the recruitment and retention of the highest available levels of diverse talent and suppliers.
- Created customized workshops and created a dynamic curriculum with enhanced features of assessments and learner evaluation tools.
- Created a more robust and diverse supply chain system to increase minority participation.
- Developed legislation for liquidated damages for minority inclusion on all development.
- Managed multi-million-dollar budget with complex reporting requirements, key indicators, research methodology, outcomes, tracking metrics, report writing, and multiples are funding streams that include Federal, State, Local, and Private funds.
- Facilitated presentations to educate internal and external customers on new procedures, and diversity initiatives.
- Global consultant for a company based in Africa.
- Subject matter expert at multiple speaking engagements and conferences.
- Taught college-level courses in the field of communications, writing, media studies, public relations, and cultural differences in communications.
- Responsible for preparing and delivering lectures, leading and moderating workshops discussions, and administering and grading examinations.
- Responsible for research, assessments, and evaluation.
Pathways United President and CEO May 2019 – Present
Doctorate of Educational Leadership
The University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Post Master’s Certificate: Program Evaluation
Washington University, Saint Louis, MO
Masters of Art – Communication Management
Webster University, Saint Louis, MO
Bachelors of Science – Business and Marketing
Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO
Professional Boards and Professional Organizations
Catholic Charities Board of Directors
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated
The Cathedral at Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church
The National Society of Leadership and Success - Honor's Society
Past Professional Boards
Workforce Development board
Us Conference of Mayors - Workforce Committee
job board - minority BUSINESS enterprises
Professional Awards and Recognition
Economic Empowerment, 2019
Excellence in Workforce Development, 2018
State of Missouri Senate Proclamation, 2018
State of Missouri House of Representatives PROCLAMATION, 2018
Phenomenal Woman Award, 2017
State of Missouri Hidden Figures Award, 2017
Women Who Inspire, 2017
Phenomenal Women in Leadership, 2016